Re: [vserver] Poll: High (ish) availability - how are you doing it?

From: Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 15:16:48 BST

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Remigiusz Modrzejewski <lrem@sphere.pl> wrote:

> On Jul 28, 2010, at 08:42 , Eugen Leitl wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 02:26:14PM +0800, Jeff Jansen wrote:
>>
>>> I've been meaning to take all our internal documentation on our setup and put it
>>> together in some coherent fashion for public consumption.  Your post encourages
>>> me to do that sooner rather than later! :-)
>>
>> Please do; I would be also quite interested as well.
>

> Seconded.
>
> Kind regards,
> Remigiusz Modrzejewski

I also successfully ran a vserver on top of a Mirrored GlusterFS
volume with linux-ha failover.( This is essentially User space DRBD.)

If you are using linux heartbeat. I have a vserver resource agent you
may want to try.
http://www.jointhegrid.com/svn/ha-ocf-jtg/trunk/VServer
http://www.jointhegrid.com/ha-ocf-jtg/index.jsp

You should be able to co-locate your DRBD master with the vserver
resource agent.

Have fun,
Edward