Re: [vserver] PEBKACs I can't see with quotas and (unrelated) vserver init PID

From: Jeff Jansen <jeff.jansen_at_kkoncepts.net>
Date: Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 05:15:32 BST

Grzegorz Nosek <grzegorz.nosek@gmail.com> wrote on 2010-Jul-27:
> Call me stupid but I can't get quotactl to change quotas inside
> vservers

What's the host's filesystem where the vservers are located? Do you have both
that filesystem and the guest's filesystem mounted with "usrquota" and
"grpquota" (or whatever is appropriate)?

I have vague memories of seeing problems like this with ext3 when the mount
options weren't specified the same way on both the host and the guest. But it
was over a year ago. And since I can't reliably remember what I had for
breakfast yesterday, I could definitely be wrong. ;-)

HTH

Jeff Jansen