Re: [vserver] vserver scalability

From: Remigiusz Modrzejewski <lrem_at_sphere.pl>
Date: Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 14:39:12 BST

On Jun 17, 2010, at 12:29 , Eugen Leitl wrote:
>> You are/will be doing large scale, don't you? Have you looked into Dell Fortuna?
>
> Yes; eventually. In small increments, by whatever spare cash chunks
> happen to be around. Which is why high-power servers and blades
> are out of question.
>
>> It seems that the Via Nano system may be actually better than Atom. But unfortunately
>
> I'm not sure, it's hard to argue with 80+ servers in a single easily cooled rack,
> with full IPMI and starting at 400+ EUR at a functional server.

I'm not sure whether you understood my mail, or what Dell Fortuna is. It's an even smaller system. You can get 240+ servers with full IPMI in such a rack. But I don't know the price, as they don't list it nor want to talk with someone who doesn't buy in volume. Only thing that I do know is that you can buy dedicated hosting (with unlimited fast transfer) on those for 15EUR/month.

Kind regards,
Remigiusz Modrzejewski