Re: [vserver] CentOS: device eth0 has different MAC address than expected, ignoring

From: Ram <ramkumar.ch03_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri 28 May 2010 - 19:03:03 BST

  Thank you Herbert.

>> Hi All,

>> I am trying to install Linux vserver on centos-5.3. I installed it,
> >> when i boot linux vserver kernel (2.6.22.19-vs2.3.0.34.1) i got the
> >> following error.
>
> >I'd suggest to go for a more recent kernel, especially
> >if you have modern hardware ....
>
> Ok. I never installed kernel manually. I checked below link.
 http://linux-vserver.org/Installation_on_CentOS, i got above version. Can
you give some information (link) on manual/yum installation (any need of
patches) of latest stable Linux-VServer kernel. BTW, I am building this to
install planet lab.

> >> *"device eth0 has different MAC address than expected, ignoring"*
> >> *
> > >*
> >> it is working fine when i boot centos 5.3 kernel.
>
> >does the interface 'work' when you configure it manually
> >when booted with the Linux-VServer kernel?

     I couldn't get what you mean manually configuration of interface in
Linux-Vserver kernel. Network configuration details (IP, DNS..) ? Those are
already configured in centos-5.3, i can see those when i booted
Linux-VServer. It is failed to come into active state and popup with above
error. If something else, Please let me know.

> >> i checked /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.
> >> There is an entry with HWADDR with ethernet address.
>
> >does it match the nic's MAC? with both kernels?

   Yes, nic MAC is same in both kernels.

Thanks,
 --Ram