Re: [vserver] secure-mount, operation not permitted at start

From: Thomas Weber <l_vserver_at_mail2news.4t2.com>
Date: Fri 15 Jan 2010 - 15:48:49 GMT

Am Freitag, den 15.01.2010, 16:25 +0100 schrieb Shinkan:

> 2010/1/15 Rik Bobbaers <rik@enzoverder.be>
> i think there are 2 possible sollutions here
>
> OR you should mount the sysfs in the fstab of the guest config
> and not in
> the startup scripts of the
> guest /etc/vservers/<guest>/etc/fstab (or
> something)
> OR you should add mount capabilities to the guest. Check the
> different
> capabilities settings on the site:
> http://linux-vserver.org/Capabilities_and_Flags
>

> hope that helps...
>
> Rik Bobbaers
>

> Well done.
> Adding SECURE_MOUNT and BINARY_MOUNT
> to /etc/vservers/myserver/ccapabilities solved sysfs mount issue.

If you want /sys mounted at all inside the guest, you should probably do
it in /etc/vservers/<guest>/fstab
Though I think this must be a very specific issue you're trying to
solve.

> I still have various errors, even by giving SYS_ADMIN to
> bcapabilities, and my VServer won't start.
> I'm making the most basic thing I can, I don't understand why it
> wouldn't work :-(

Just adding capabilities to the guest is a bad idea.

I bet you haven't cleaned up your guests startup scripts so they try to
do things that you don't need nor want inside a vserver (mouting /sys,
udev, setting time etc comes to mind).

  Tom