[vserver] secure-mount, operation not permitted at start

From: Shinkan <shinkan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu 14 Jan 2010 - 15:42:19 GMT

Hi there !

I'm new to VServer.
I followed both http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/vps/vserver-howto.xml and
http://linux-vserver.org/Building_Guest_Systems#Building_guests_using_the_template_build_methodHOWTOS
to create a vserver Guest which would run a already crafted Gentoo
filesystem (packed in a tgz).

Building worked, but I can't start, I got this by doing "vserver myguest
start" :

secure-mount: mount(): Operation not permitted
/etc/vservers/myguest/fstab:1:1: failed to mount fstab-entry

I've got this at the very beginning, 5 times (varying on fstab:x:y: bit),
then I've got something about "chbind" crashing, and finally "Failed to
start vserver 'myguest'".

I have absolutely no idea about what to do, and any help would be very
appreciated.
I run a linux 2.6.31.7 kernel with grsec 2.1.14, vs 2.3.0.36.27, and
util-vserver 0.30.215, from a Gentoo box.
Kernel is a vanilla kernel patched with grsec+vserver experimental patch
from VServer website, util-vserver is got from Gentoo portage repo.

Thanks in advance.

--
Pierre.
"Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I