[vserver] No outside network connection

From: <dzenan.causevic_at_wise-t.com>
Date: Wed 18 Nov 2009 - 15:40:22 GMT

I successifully install guest but I dont have connection to the outside
network. I can ping local machines 192.168.xxx.xxx but I can't ping
www.google.com for example. One of the things I see is that both
/etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts are missing. Aren't they supposed to be
installed by default?

Here are some error messages from mii-tool and ethtool:
> bash-3.2# mii-tool -v
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Operation not permitted
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth1' failed: Operation not permitted
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth2' failed: Operation not permitted
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth3' failed: Operation not permitted
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth4' failed: Operation not permitted
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth5' failed: Operation not permitted
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth6' failed: Operation not permitted
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth7' failed: Operation not permitted
no MII interfaces found
> bash-3.2# which ethtool
/sbin/ethtool
bash-3.2# ethtool eth0
\Settings for eth0:
Cannot get device settings: Operation not permitted
Cannot get wake-on-lan settings: Operation not permitted
        Current message level: 0x00000007 (7)
Cannot get link status: Operation not permitted