Re: [vserver] Specify $GUEST/interfaces/$IFACE during build

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_cyber-office.net>
Date: Thu 13 Aug 2009 - 05:38:34 BST

Corey Wright wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 10:20:57 -0700
> "Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders@cyber-office.net> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to specify the $IFACE when building a guest?
>
> you mean the enumeration [0-9]?
>
>> That is; what is the syntax? I don't see anything in the help or wiki
>> about this.
>
> looking at the source code (file vserver-setup.functions, version 2517,
> date 2007-03-18, line 215, function setup_writeOption), i don't believe
> it's possible. it starts at zero and increments by one for each additional
> interface.

Thanks Corey.

Currently I'm just renaming the /0/ to /1/. This need/desire is an
unintended consequence of a move from one one IP range to another. On a
running LV I added the new IPs to eth1 and to maintain consistency I'm
putting all the guests on eth1 for a new system. In the future eth0
will be used for a different WAN feed or even a LAN.

Again thanks,
Rod