Re: [vserver] Nagios monitoring of host

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_cyber-office.net>
Date: Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 15:48:06 BST

John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 06:28 -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>> I'm just getting started with Nagios but would like to get some LV hosts
>> monitored. I have several guests being monitored already but since
>> there is no specific functionality visible to the network for a host I
>> am wondering if anyone has come up with a good method to do this.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> \\||/
>> Rod
>
> Hi, Rod. I am about ready to launch such a project myself but I'm not
> sure I understand the issue; it seems pretty straightforward to me.
> Could you elaborate on what you see as the problem?

Time and knowledge. The ISP I do contract work for is moving its
hardware location and business office, and moving to a whole new IP
range. This under some sudden time constraints. :-(
    Throw in replacing WhatsUpGold with Nagios, upgrading the hardware
for the LV hosts, and a few other things I can't mention or remember and
  the time-thing gets to big.

Currently I'm just using check_ping on the hosts but was thinking there
might be a better check, especially for LV, and this is where the
knowledge-thing comes into play.

Cursed I am: living in interesting times! :-)

Rod