Re: [vserver] Nagios monitoring of host

From: Cédric Dufour - Idiap Research Institute <cedric.dufour_at_idiap.ch>
Date: Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 14:42:50 BST

Hello Rod,

NRPE is definitely the way to go perform such "remote host health
monitoring" (e.g. discs, CPU, memory, processes, etc):
http://www.nagios.org/download/addons

Basically, it allows to perform "local" tests (e.g. disc SMART status
check) on the remote host and have it "passed back" through the network.

Cheers

Cédric Dufour @ Idiap Research Institute