Re: [vserver] tun parameters in interfaces/<iface>

From: John A. Sullivan III <jsullivan_at_opensourcedevel.com>
Date: Sat 18 Jul 2009 - 00:12:58 BST

On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 18:26 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> Hello, all. May I ask what the purpose and syntax of
> the /etc/vservers/<vserver name>/interfaces/<iface>/tun file is? I'm
> exploring using OpenVPN as a client within a vserver. The instructions
> on the FAQ are starting to make sense although I do not know if they are
> current. But I'd like to understand what is happening when I take those
> steps and why there seem to be many parameters pertaining to tun/tap
> interaces listed on the Great Flower Page which are not referenced in
> the FAQ. Thanks - John
Actually, as I think about running a client rather than a server the
client's needs to add routes, etc., I almost wonder if I really need to
run all the clients with all their different configs in the host and
then use the source routing capabilities of iproute2 to send the
appropriate vserver's traffic through the correct tunnel. Sounds a bit
dangerous but doable - John

--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation