Re: [vserver] Can Windows OS run on VServer?

From: Matt Paine <matt_at_mattsoftware.com>
Date: Mon 11 May 2009 - 01:29:37 BST

Hi Stephen

> Hi folks,
>
> Can MS Windows, such as vista, server 2008, etc. run as guest on
> VServer? TIA

Linux-VServer is an Operating System Virtualization technique. Basically
it can run many OS guests, all on the same kernel. So if you can get
Vista or Server 2008 to run on a linux 2.6 variant kernel, then I guess
yes you can :)

(although I suspect that to be more difficult than I suggested above).

I would bet you could run Vista on a VMWare Server instance under a
Fedora guest running a Centos host running Linux-Vserver - but thats
probably not what your after.

Matt