[vserver] vcontext and ldap

From: John A. Sullivan III <jsullivan_at_opensourcedevel.com>
Date: Sun 29 Mar 2009 - 04:44:13 BST

Hello, all. We're finally starting to see some progress on our
VServer / X2Go integration. In anticipating of needing to create
hundreds if not thousands of desktops, we rely quite heavily on
scripting to automatically set up the VServer guests, the virtual
desktops, the DNS entries, LDAP entries, etc.

One of the tasks we must do is to run xdg-user-dirs-update as the
unprivileged user in the new vserver guest. We attempted to do this
with "vserver <guestname> suexec <username> xdg-user-dirs-update". It
works perfectly if the user is locally defined. However, if the user is
only defined in LDAP, we get vcontext: Username '<username>' does not
exist. The VServer host does have LDAP access.

Any idea how we can accomplish this? Thanks - John

--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation