Re: [vserver] Google Summer of Code anyone?

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 23:38:15 GMT

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 08:49:18PM +0100, Remigiusz Modrzejewski wrote:
> Wednesday 18 of March 2009 12:48:10 Herbert Poetzl napisa??(/a):
> > thanks for the info, and sorry for the late reply

> > Linux-VServer did register as organization with GSoC
> > at the earliest possible time. the ideas suggested can
> > be found here: http://linux-vserver.org/GSoC_Ideas

> That's cool news. And three of the ideas sound real cool for me :)
> One single idea that I had for GSoC project was: making the hard
> links breaking work in a fashion that keeps the files hardlinked
> inside a guest.

you mean, keep two (or more) hard links 'inside' a guest
hard linked while breaking them from the other hard links
'outside' the guest?

> But I lost touch, maybe that's been done already, or is too trivial?

if it is what I think, it would be quite difficult to
accomplish, if not, please elaborate ...

> > we'll see what the GSoC folks decide soon ...

> I'll keep my fingers crossed.

didn't help :/

Linux-VServer got rejected as Mentoring Organization for
GSoC, maybe more luck next year ...

but don't let that stop you from having good ideas and/or
doing some Linux-VServer work :)