Re: Fwd: [vserver] how to register new distribution and where vserver log is?

From: Daniel Hokka Zakrisson <daniel_at_hozac.com>
Date: Tue 26 Feb 2008 - 12:17:06 GMT

Yuji Nishida wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This could help my previous mail.
>
> I wanted to create new guest of F8.
> But then util-vserver on my box couldn't create a guest of that
> distribution.
>
> That page in qutation meant to do this.
> cp -a /usr/lib/util-vserver/distribution/fc6 /etc/
> vserver/.distribution/f8
> Then I changed the yum configuration for new distribution.

If it's not complaining about the missing distribution, it _could_ create
a guest of that distribution. That could easily be confirmed by looking at
the output of the build.

> After doing that, any warning or caution didn't appear when vserver
> created a guest of new distribution.
> But it apparently had failed to create it because status of the guest
> was still "stopped" after starting the vserver guest.

Fedora 8 renamed the syslog daemon, so you have to change the redhat
initpost script to exclude rsyslog as well as syslog from being
chkconfig'ed off. util-vserver 0.30.215 will fix it...

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson