[vserver] ipvsadm and ip_forward

From: Dennis Muhlestein <djmuhlestein_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed 03 Oct 2007 - 00:40:06 BST

I'm working on an experiment to see if I can install Linux-HA software
on a vserver guest. I've modifed the vserver guest so that HIDE_NETIF
is taken away and NET_RAW and NET_ADMIN capbabilities are give. I
also set net.ipv4.ip_forward in the sysctl for that guest.

Things seem to work OK for ipvsadm. Heartbeat can bring up and take
down interfaces across my two guests (different machines).

When I try to connect to the ip address that ipvsadm is managing,
packets are received at the real server but no response is received at
the client. I'm not sure if I have a ipvs problem or if there is some
other problem with doing this on linux-vserver.

Has anyone done this? Perhaps someone can point me in the correct
direction for how to resolve this.

Thanks
Dennis