Re: [vserver] transient network drops

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_acm.org>
Date: Thu 30 Aug 2007 - 20:18:54 BST

Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 02:13:18PM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>
>> Since this is a hardware (chipset) issue either kernel or BIOS will
>> be powerless. But I'll have to reproduce the problem on the host
>> NIC first. If it recurs there, this thing gets RMAed.
>
> An update: while I'm not yet completely clear on what is going
> on (since three different devices are involved) I was able to
> make the problem go away by disabling the connection between
> two switches (one on eth0, another on eth1, both on different
> IP networks).

Hum! Do you mean ( I haven't caught up all the way on this thread ) that
the two switches are inter-connected?

        SWITCH0 <-> SWITCH1,
        ETH0 <-> SWITCH0, and
        ETH1 <-> SWITCH1.

I am working at, as time permits, getting three Ethernet devices working
on one host and the guests needing to access two of the networks. WAN1,
WAN2, LAN with each guest needing either WAN1 or WAN2 and LAN access.
In reality WAN1 and WAN2 both use the same feed (router etc. ) into the
internet but they use very different address ranges.

Is this similar to you are trying to do?

Rod

--
  Whether this is due to a defective chip set or a