Re: [vserver] gentoo and baselayout 2

From: Ed W <lists_at_wildgooses.com>
Date: Thu 23 Aug 2007 - 13:40:41 BST

Christian Affolter wrote:
> Hi
>

>> I'm building a new server and will be shuffling over some older vserver
>> images, plus building some new images.
>> Has anyone experimented with baselayout-2 under vserver and if so how
>> does it all work out?
>>
> Yes I'm successfully using gentoo vservers with baselayout-2. Apart from
> some cosmetic startup error messages, it seems to work fine.

Thanks Chris

Can you comment on some breakages in the startup scripts when using
baselayout-2 in the host system. I get the following error on bootup:

/usr/lib/util-vserver/functions: line 778: `pkgmgmt.guessStyle': not a
valid identifier

I haven't debugged further yet, but I believe this is because there has
been some changes to the shell, but I can't immediately see why this
isn't working... (/bin/sh is still a symlink to bash..?)

Where to log a bug? What's the simplest way to temporarily workaround
this? Grateful for any pointers

Cheers

Ed W