[vserver] quota on shared partition, state of the union ;)

From: ADNET Ghislain <gadnet_at_aqueos.com>
Date: Thu 09 Aug 2007 - 12:51:51 BST

Hi,

  I start to grasp the quota thing on vserver. I now run vserver on
their partition (one vserver per partition), i created the vroot device
with mknod like this:

mknod /dev/vroot/<device_name> b <major_number> <minor_number>

then i use vrsetup to create the virtual device accessed by the vserver.
Then inside the vserver i run the quota tools.
So far it works (with only a glitch as repquota / does not work, i must use repquota /dev/hdv1 ...).

Is this setup survives a reboot ? i have seen some how-to on the net stating that vroot and vrsetup files will not survive a reboot of the host ?

of course with this setup i cannot use the vashify feature as the files are on different partitions. I guess the limitation of 'in guest' quota in a shared partition is still there ( as stated in the FAQ :) ).

--
Cordialement,
Ghislain