Re: [vserver] Testing vserver syscalls

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 01 Aug 2007 - 18:18:47 BST

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 06:03:41PM +0900, JMDK wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have successfully compiled a debian linux-2.6.21 kernel with vserver
> 2.2.0 and util-vserver 0.30.212 for the arm-based NSLU2. Both packages
> install fine and running the testme.sh script returns only successes.

you might want to get the latest util-vserver version
(0.30.213 and soon 0.30.214) and test with that too
(maybe also including extended tests with testme.sh
and testfs.sh), but it basically looks fine ...

> I however saw in the compilation logs the following warning: "syscall
> arch arm not tested yet".

yep, once we can confirm that it works as expected,
we can remove that (and you can help to do so :)

> Does someone know which tests should be run to ensure no problems are
> caused by syscall and vserver works properly on arm-based computers?

see above, and of course, a successful guest startup
and shutdown is a very good test too :)