[vserver] Help debugging networking issue

From: Michael Terrington <michael_at_terrington.id.au>
Date: Tue 31 Jul 2007 - 03:32:17 BST

Hi list,

I have an AMD64 host running multiple vservers. One of the vservers
runs a HTTPS reverse proxy (pound) which maps calls through to Apache on
another vserver.

Occasionally I get an error where the Apache vserver just doesn't
respond to the reverse proxy for a request. The log on the reverse
proxy indicates "error reading from host".

I've tried tcpdump but I don't see any output which I presume is because
it's internally routed... So how can I debug this further?

In case this is an old issue, I'm running a pre-built Ubuntu dapper
kernel from http://ubuntu.uni-klu.ac.at/ ...
linux-image-2.6.15-27-amd64-k8_2.6.15-27.45vs2.0.1+2.0.2rc26_amd64.deb

So far linux-vserver has performed flawlessly, but with no solution to
this I've had to look at OpenVZ and VMWare, and I really don't want to
go there :)

Regards,
Michael.