Re: [Vserver] rm: operation not permitted

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu 01 Mar 2007 - 21:08:29 GMT

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 08:23:10PM +0100, yanek wrote:
> Hello Herbert,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 19:09 +0100, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>
> snip
> > first, what filesystem?
>
> ext3
>
> > second, what are the attributes of the directory
> > tree above those files? check with the following
> > tools:
> >
> > showattr -d <dir/file>
>
> For the dir:
> ---bui- change_sqlpass/
>
> For the files inside:
> ----Ui- change_sqlpass.pot
> ----Ui- config.php
> ----Ui- config.php.sample
> ----Ui- COPYING
> ----Ui- functions.php
> ----Ui- generate.php
> ----Ui- getpot
> ----Ui- index.php
> ----Ui- INSTALL
> ----Ui- make_release.sh
> ----Ui- md5crypt.php
> ----Ui- options.php
> ----Ui- README
> ----Ui- setup.php
> ----Ui- version

well, here you go, however you managed to get those
flag set here, this _is_ the cause of your issues

 U stands for the Immutable-Invert-on-Unlink

which basically inverts the meaning of the Immutable (I)
flag for all unlink (remove) operations

you can remove that flag with

 setattr --~iunlink <file/dir>

and once that is removed, you will be able to remove
those files with rm