Re: [Vserver] rm: operation not permitted

From: yanek <yanek_at_netfaster.net>
Date: Thu 01 Mar 2007 - 19:23:10 GMT

Hello Herbert,

Thanks for your answer.

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 19:09 +0100, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

snip
> first, what filesystem?

ext3

> second, what are the attributes of the directory
> tree above those files? check with the following
> tools:
>
> showattr -d <dir/file>

For the dir:
---bui- change_sqlpass/

For the files inside:
----Ui- change_sqlpass.pot
----Ui- config.php
----Ui- config.php.sample
----Ui- COPYING
----Ui- functions.php
----Ui- generate.php
----Ui- getpot
----Ui- index.php
----Ui- INSTALL
----Ui- make_release.sh
----Ui- md5crypt.php
----Ui- options.php
----Ui- README
----Ui- setup.php
----Ui- version

> lsxid -d <dir/file>
>

> the attributes of the directory containing change_sqlpass
> are the interesting ones ...
> check with the commands given above besides the
> normal lsattr -d

# lsattr -d plugins/
------------------ plugins/

# showattr -d plugins/
---bui- plugins/

> > For some reason, lsxid does not seem to work on the host:
snip
> well, that just means that tagxid is disabled for
> this filesystem ...

Thanks for the explanation.
Then I suppose that this issue is unrelated to tagxid.
Should I be wrong, please tell me and I'll try to make it work to
provide the results of lsxid.

> > Distro is Debian Etch, with kernel 2.6.18-4-vserver-686.
>
> might be worth a try with a mainline kernel, but
> I don't think it is debian related ...
>
> HTH,
> Herbert

I always forget about the 'showattr' tool and only checked usual xattr
with lsattr.
Is there any page describing the flags set / shown by setattr /
showattr? Could not find a manpage.

Just in case it could be useful: I use unification (vhashify) on all
vservers.

Thanks again.