Re: [Vserver] Question about rebuilding an older Debian system with vservers

From: Kathy Kost <kathyk_at_blarg.net>
Date: Sun 25 Feb 2007 - 22:41:47 GMT

Hi Herbert --

Thanks for the reply. You're making me feel more comfy about this whole
thing. :)

Interesting point about putting RedHat on there for the host OS. We're
starting to move all of our corporate servers that are Debian to a
supported operating system (i.e. either by Dell, RedHat, or Novell),
like RedHat Enterprise Linux or SuSE. I see documentation on
http://linux-vserver.org for installation on Fedora but have not seen
anything about RH Ent Linux and how you would install it.

For now, I'm just trying to get through a somewhat emergency situation
where I can quickly make a reasonable clone of what I have in case the
file system gets corrupted on my prod system in my next attempt to
fixing the hardware issue (RAID5 array in degraded state due to bad disk
and previous attempt to bring back to optimal with replacement disk
resulted in Debian Reiser filesystem screaming "inconsistent
filesystem"....long story).