Re: [Vserver] keeping a mirror machine synched

From: Peter Mann <Peter.Mann_at_tuke.sk>
Date: Sat 24 Feb 2007 - 16:00:33 GMT

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 04:13:43PM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> I run a nightly script (over a private network) which does the
> following synchronisation from the production to the backup machine:
> rsync -a -e ssh /home/ root@10.0.0.3:/home/
> rsync -a -e ssh /usr/local/etc/vservers/ root@10.0.0.3:/usr/local/etc/vservers/
>
> My vservers live in /vservers which is a symlink to /home/vservers.
> Apart from /usr/local/etc/vservers/ is there anything else I should synch?

my tip: use rsync --numeric-ids and --exclude "vservers/name1/proc" ...
(and you can use rsync without -e ssh, because it's default in Debian;
and maybe -e 'ssh -c blowfish')

i'm using some similar rsync scripts ...

> Another question: Debian 4.0 is ante portas. Given that 3.1 had everything
> way out of date, can one rely on stock vserver kernel and tools in Debian 4.0?

i upgraded all my sarge host servers to etch ... some guest servers is
still sarge, but almost all are etch ... there is problem with default
debian vserver kernel in TESTING, but i have my own recompiled kernels
and new debian kernels are almost ready for entering "testing" (and
debian-installer etch rc2/final)

5o   Peter.Mann at tuke.sk