Re: [Vserver] routing between host and guest

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Tue 06 Feb 2007 - 15:46:18 GMT

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 02:20:40PM +0100, ADNET Ghislain wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some trouble with the routing between host and guest.

I doubt that, as there is none :)

> I have guest having a 10.x ip and a public ip different
> from the host public IP.

in the same network, or on different networks?

> I have setup DNAT and SNAT between the 10.x and guest
> publicip and it works from outside

hmm, the guest has been assigned both ips?
why would you do NAT on the guest then?

> but i cannot telnet port 80 into my guest from the host

port 80 is usually used for http, so 'telnet in'
is probably the wrong approach ...

> nor telnet on my guest public ip from inside the guest itself.

check on the host with tcpdump for details on
the traffic

> Anyone can point a little "how-to" on this i googled but failed to
> find one ?

the general rule is, it is a linux system,
with all networking 'on the host' and ip isolation
for the guests, nothing more, nothing less

I'd suggest to remove the NAT if the guest already
has a public IP (as it is not very useful then)

HTH,
Herbert