Re: [Vserver] resource management

From: Michael S. Zick <mszick_at_morethan.org>
Date: Sat 02 Dec 2006 - 14:48:14 GMT

On Fri December 1 2006 22:56, Chuck wrote:
> On Friday 01 December 2006 21:51, Michael S. Zick wrote:
>
> i installed this new kernel, and decided to reboot immediately. there is a
> CONSIDERABLE difference in the amount of initial memory used! i have never
> seen this machine this low before. 680mb. typically startup memory has always
> been around 900mb.

Super!

> there is also a noticable difference in the response of the machine.. time
> will tell.

A personal record: 2.6.18.2 is the only kernel that ever trashed my reiserfs.
I have been beating on 2.6.18.3 for over a week now with no problems found.

> thanks for the info!
>
> i still need to find out if i need to set file handles higher etc, and how to
> do that.

I do not have a clue to that question. Someone on the list that is running
a high resource requirement installation will have to comment on that.

Mike