Re: [Vserver] Upgrade to development-Version

From: Wolfgang Hennerbichler <wogri_at_wogri.com>
Date: Mon 20 Nov 2006 - 19:33:43 GMT

On 20.11.2006, at 19:48, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> a prerelease is already available here:
>
> http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-2.6.18.2-vs2.2.0-
> pre2.diff

Thx, I'll go with the final version, once it's there.

> that somewhat looks like your guest config has the
> 'evil' lock flag set, which wasn't used before, but
> is kind of 'misused' right now ...

yes, it did... :)

>> -> don't know what to do...
>
> if it is beforementioned flag, please remove it and
> everything should be fine. note: you can remove it
> right now, as it doesn't make any sense with the
> older kernel either ...

it is removed, and tadaaa - everything magically works now! thanks.

> well, we are at 0.30.211 on the verge to 0.30.212
> the 0.30.204 version must be roughly 3 years old now

Sorry, was my mistake, I was only looking at 0.30 and ignored the
rest (i did visit the homepage of util-vserver).

>> Any hints?
>
> get newer packages, there should be 0.30.210/11 in
> backports, 0.30.204 will require all kind of legacy
> options to work ...

0.30.210 was in backports, works quite well after the reboot, except
for a little mistake:
Since 0.30.210 I can't stop the vservers anymore. Seems like lockfile
is waiting for something, eventually all the processess are killed...
I did put CAP_SYS_BOOT (or is it SYS_BOOT) into bcapabilities, no
difference...

I feel a little dumb to ask all this, but I haven't read the list for
a while...

One more little question: if I add - for example - VIRT_UPTIME to
bcapabilities, it doesn't get recognized. Must this be prefixed with
something?

> best,
> Herbert

Thanks - as always - for your great and kind help, Herbert and all
other users on this list!

wogri

--
wogri@wogri.com