Re: [Vserver] Automagic login into a guest

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Mon 25 Sep 2006 - 13:33:12 BST

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 10:52:25AM +0200, Vincent Besse wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First, let me say I'm a newbie in Vserver and not (yet?) a Linux guru.
>
> I try to make secured and private FreeNX servers for some users
> hosted on the same machine. I've played around with chroot and
> unionfs but since I've discovered Vserver, my life has changed :)

good to hear ...

> The only thing missing for me is a way to automatically log users
> in their right vserver. It could be having a SSH server in each
> guest listening on different ports, but it means every user have to
> know his own port and every vserver must be running all the time.
> I'd prefer having only one SSH server on the host, listening on
> standard port, and something launching the appropriate vserver after
> successfull authentication of users, a bit like does the pam-chroot
> module for...chroot.

there is a trampoline script which can do this:
http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/SCRIPT/trampoline.sh

> Does such a tool already exists or is planned?

as specific tool, no

> Is writing a 'pam-vserver' module a good thing?

maybe, at least it sounds interesting ...

> Could someone drive me, at least for beginning, to write my tool. I'm
> running Debian Etch and there's no '*vserver-dev' package. I'm a bit
> confused with which includes are needed and where to find them.

well, no idea about the debian packages, on mandrake
the package is called util-vserver-devel, and it
basically provides the lib (libvserver.a/so) and a
single include file (/usr/include/vserver.h)

you might want to have a look at the vcmd source too,
although that is a hack tool for testing, but it is
able to generate any kernel syscall command used for
Linux-VServer, and it is supposed to work on all
platforms ...

HTH,
Herbert