Re: [Vserver] ip count

From: Bruno <bonbons67_at_internet.lu>
Date: Thu 14 Sep 2006 - 17:18:24 BST

On Thursday 14 September 2006 16:27, Chuck wrote:
> someone mentioned the possibility of getting a setup on current vserver
> code that would take a /24 network and not have much if any slowdown.. has
> this ever been realized?

I did some coding in that direction, but patch is not finished yet. Hopefully
I will get some more time after next week do continue coding on it.

My direction is assigning address elements to guests, either single addresses
or groups of addresses as range or mask. When there is more than a single
such item, on additional is created that itentifies the complete range
contaning the addresses of a guest.
Thus two guests with 20 IPs spread over two different /24 networks wil be seen
as a single range for most check wether IP is part of the guest's
address-space. Only on match of that outer boundary checking of the idividual
addresses or the guest is done.
Mostly missing is the handling of broadcast...

Bruno