Re: [Vserver] new vserver network hanging

From: Kathy Kost <kathyk_at_blarg.net>
Date: Fri 25 Aug 2006 - 05:01:19 BST

Well, figures after I make a cry for help, I got it to start behaving.
AFter probably the 10th reinstall of the guest, I started getting
suspicious
of the name I was using. This may have no bearing on what the real
problem was but.... I was calling this guest wwwint and I already have a
guest named www. Two days ago when I started this whole thing, I decided
to call the new guest www2. Well, the system built it okay, but then it
confused www with www2. Had all kinds of problems with that. I assumed
it didn't like a numeric in the name. So decided wwwint. This go around,
I deleted the guest again, and changed the name to intwww. Rebooted the
entire machine. Now it's happy. Netstat doesn't hang any more and the
base-config completed okay. So this is making me think that there was
some resident confusion with the guest names both starting with "www".
Seems odd to me, but it sure fixed my problem...!

Kathy