Re: [Vserver] Problem using vcopy and vyum

From: Thomas Frenken <frenken_at_informatik.fh-wiesbaden.de>
Date: Wed 26 Jul 2006 - 10:06:02 BST

Hi all,

actually I solved the problem this night, quite easy, probably vcopy
misses some necessary actions for working package management on clones.

The soltution: use vcopy to clone guest, afterwards do the following:

1) Copy /vservers/.pkg/$old_server/* to /vservers/.pkg/$new_server (this
directory is completely empty after using vcopy)
2) vcopy moves a symlink
under /etc/vservers/$new_server/apps/pkgmgmt/base, after using vcopy the
link looks like this:

base -> /vservers/.pkg/$new_server

The original symlink in the cloned guest looks like this:

base -> /etc/vservers/.defaults/vdirbase/.pkg/$old_server

Actually /etc/vservers/.defaults/vdirbase is itself a symlink
to /vservers so the final destination dir of both symlinks
under /etc/vservers/.../apps/pkgmgmt/base is the same but it probably
makes a difference for yum. So simply change the symlink in the cloned
guest according to the pattern used in the original guest, so here it
looks like this:

/etc/vservers/$new_server/apps/pkgmgmt/base
-> /etc/vservers/.defaults/vdirbase/.pkg/$new_server

Yeah, it's a hack, but it works ;o) vcopy definitely doesn't do
everythink necessary for woring vyum on cloned guests.

Regards,

Thomas