Re: [Vserver] Stopping a 'noname' guest

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_acm.org>
Date: Mon 03 Jul 2006 - 17:33:26 BST

Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:
> Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>
>> While playing about I forgot to stop a vserver before deleting it.
>> Homw I have this 'no-name' guest running and can't remember how to
>> stop it other than rebooting the server ( which has worked on
>> other/old vserver kernels ).
>

> vkill --xid <xid> -- -1 ought to do it, but if not, you could always
> vkill the processes in the context one by one.

What a week-end. I tried several things and then I sent the message off
and went to do 'other-stuff'.

Came back, saw your message, logged in and the guest was gone! Not sure
why or how that happened.

Anyway thanks for the clue. After reading this I remembered the 'vkill'
command from a similar problem many months ago.

Rod