Re: [Vserver] Cloning a vserver

From: Odile Bénassy <odile.benassy_at_jm.u-psud.fr>
Date: Thu 29 Jun 2006 - 16:24:18 BST

Herbert Poetzl a écrit :

>On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 10:34:52AM +0200, Christian Knauber wrote:
>

>>Yes you can leave it without, but in this case if you defined it in
>>the "old" vserver you would have to change it in the "new" vserver.
>>
>>Also, I do not know if this is really the case, but I felt that having
>>fixed context IDs is much more stable than having dynamic ones.
>>

>more important, dynamic contexts are deprecated for
>some time now (as they cause nothing but troubles)
>and will go away in the (near) future ...
>
>so please, handle the context assignment in userspace
>by either assigning them explicitely or extending
>the tools to handle that properly

how do you set the context ID ?

1) from the beginning : my newvserver command (from Debian
vserver-debiantools) does not have any --cid option

2) afterwards : I tried to echo a reasonable 5-figures number into
/etc/vservers/myvs/context, but now if I try to start it:

--%<

# vserver myvs start
chbind: vc_net_create(): Invalid argument

An error occured while executing the vserver startup sequence; when
there are no other messages, it is very likely that the init-script
(/etc/init.d/rc 3) failed.

Common causes are:
* /etc/rc.d/rc on Fedora Core 1 and RH9 fails always; the 'apt-rpm' build
  method knows how to deal with this, but on existing installations,
  appending 'true' to this file will help.

--
Odile Bénassy, ingénieure informaticienne
Service de la Recherche et des Études Doctorales