Re: [Vserver] Slides presenting Linux VServer

From: Xavier Montagutelli <xavier.montagutelli_at_unilim.fr>
Date: Wed 14 Jun 2006 - 10:52:58 BST

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 21:41, Cedric Le Goater wrote:
> Xavier Montagutelli wrote:
> > For those interested, I have written a presentation (in PowerPoint ...
> > sorry) about Linux VServer : in french, under GNU/FDL. I hope it's not
> > full of errors ! I put a link under
> > http://linux-vserver.org/Documentation
> >
> > It is located at
> > http://webmail.unilim.fr/dokuwiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?id=systeme%3Avserver%
> >3Aaccueil&cache=cache&media=systeme:vserver:presentation-vserver.ppt
> >
> > Thanks to all the developpers for making this project !
>
> Merci !

Avec plaisir ;-)

> Where are are you presenting ?

We originally made this presentation (with Stéphane, co-author) for JRES2005
(www.jres.org), a meeting of french IT people working in Universities and
public research centers. The original presentation was about consolidation,
presenting Linux VServer and VMWare as two different solutions. Paper and
slides on the web site.

I reworked this presentation for my own University (in Limoges), and I also
presented it to the Rectorat of Limoges. Stéphane presented something similar
for a group in Strasbourg.

I know other meetings (JoSy for the CNRS) will present the VServer technology
in the coming months.

> C, living and working in Toulouse.

Xavier Montagutelli                      Tel : +33 (0)5 55 45 77 20
Service Commun Informatique              Fax : +33 (0)5 55 45 75 95
Universite de Limoges
123, avenue Albert Thomas
87060 Limoges cedex