Re: [Vserver] What is the best way to add a localhost in each vserver under debian sarge

From: Corey Wright <undefined_at_pobox.com>
Date: Tue 09 May 2006 - 15:48:45 BST

On Mon, 08 May 2006 21:17:31 +0200
Sébastien CRAMATTE <contact@zeninteractif.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> *What is the best way to add a localhost in each vserver under debian
> sarge
>
> I've found a solution using dummy module
> I will prefer a global one to add automaticaly lo interface in each
> vserver . Maybe with nat ?
>
> With dummy module I don't know how can I reduce lo net mask so ... :(

i'm running debian sarge (on amd64) on my host and guests.

i have a guest with apache, squirrelmail, and imapproxy.

squirrelmail is configured to connect to "localhost" where imapproxy caches
the connection to the real imap server (on another server elsewhere). that
works.

within the same guest "wget http://localhost/squirrelmail" says "Connecting
to localhost [127.0.0.1]:80... connected." and retrieves the squirrelmail
login page. this guest is the only one with squirrelmail installed. so i
know within this guest that 127.0.0.1 resolves to the same guest.

so the functional equivalent of the "lo" network interface already exists
in each guest.

i think i'm not understanding what you are trying to do.

corey

--
undefined@pobox.com