Re: [Vserver] ability to use 130+ ips within a vserver yet?

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Thu 06 Apr 2006 - 13:05:40 BST

On Thursday 06 April 2006 08:01 am, Oliver Welter wrote:
> Hi Chuck,
>
> >> iptable -t nat -I PREROUTING -d 192.168.168.0/24 --dport 80 -j DNAT --to
> >> target:port Should work without reasonable impact on the load...
> >>

> > hmm.. ok im no iptables whiz but i will try this syntax... i have to
eliminate nat since they are all public ip addresses.. i suspect maybe
something like this might work in our saved rules file? (gentoo)

> You will need NAT - as this will translate the destination...
>

> > i suspect maybe this may need to be changed..
> >
> > -A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT PREROUTING -d 64.113.34.0/24 --dport 80 [dont know
what to do with -j here] --to 64.113.34.0/24:7080

> Basically "PREROUTING" is another chain than the one you are using - so,
> I suggest:
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d 64.113.34.0/24 --dport 80 -j
> DNAT --to :7080
>
> This will redirect every traffic to 64.113.34.0/24:80 to the same ip as
> the orginal paket but going to port 7080.

ahh ok.. heh i just saw nat and thought private nets immediately. thanks will
try this.

> If you want to stuff everything into one vServer with one IP, just
> repace the target with
> -j DNAT --to vserversip:port

unfortunately no can do on a single ip. every domain is assigned its own so it
appears to have its own mail server answering as that domain, dns lookups
including reverse as that domain etc

--
Chuck
"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,