Re: [Vserver] nfs mount

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Tue 04 Apr 2006 - 17:40:09 BST

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 01:27:43PM +0200, Albert Shih wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I want my guest (yes the guest) mount some nfs partition from my central
> NFS server.
>
> When I try this I got this message
>
> mount: permission denied

you are very likely missing the secure_mount and
binary_mount context capabilities for your guest,
(see http://linux-vserver.org/Caps+and+Flags)

> What's wrong ?
>
> I've google and some message tell me that's no really good idea to do
> this because the guest can make new /dev. But I «don't care» because I
> need nfs (home-dir).

well, that's not the problem, secure_mount will
take care of that by adding the nodev option,
but still, if the server goes away, your host
will experience timeouts, so it should be a
trusted scenario for the guests ...

HTH,
Herbert