Re: [Vserver] vserver 2.0.2 patch for kernel 2.6.15.6

From: Tony Lewis <gnutered_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue 28 Mar 2006 - 14:18:50 BST

Peter Mann wrote:

> http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/devel/kernel-patch-vserver

Cool, this looks really promising. It seems the most Ubuntu-blessed.
 From the changelog, the maintainer is Micah Anderson, who is active on
this list (I'm too new here to know any more than that though).

Maybe this is the process we can get behind. If Micah is already an
Ubuntu Universe Maintainer, maybe we can help him. Or maybe it doesn't
need help.

Time is tight for me at the moment, but I'm keen to give this patch a
go. Hopefully on the weekend.

Maybe to save us all having to be kernel building / patching gurus, we
can have a repository on one of the vserver websites, where a trusted
kernel builder can track building the latest kernel against this patch,
and publish them here.

Tony Lewis