Re: [Vserver] Anybody patched grsec+vserver for 2.6.16 yet?

From: Wolfgang Hennerbichler <wogri_at_wogri.com>
Date: Thu 23 Mar 2006 - 07:46:48 GMT

On 22.03.2006, at 12:28, Rik Bobbaers wrote:

> since there is no grsec for 2.6.16 yet, i havent been able to
> update the
> merges for that kernel. i haven't seen spender and pipacs for a
> while on irc,
> so i don't know when they will release a new pax/grsec

Hopefully they will...

> as soon as they release a new grsec, i will talk to herbert on what
> vserver
> patch i will merge it with...
>
> we just need to be patient ;)

Patience is a hard thing for me right now, as the system seems
unstable somehow. I upgraded from linux 2.4-grsec-vserver to 2.6, and
I'd rather like to see it working.

> ps. updating grsec to 2.6.16 myself is not such a good idea, since
> i'm not
> THAT familiar with grsec and pax code...

Is it safe to update to 2.6.16, and patch it with vserver-2.0.2-rc13?
I'm really in the need for a stable, up to date solution. If
everything is stable enough I also can skip grsecurity for the moment...

> greetz,

thanks for your response;

> --
> harry