Re: [Vserver] Anybody patched grsec+vserver for 2.6.16 yet?

From: Rik Bobbaers <Rik.Bobbaers_at_cc.kuleuven.be>
Date: Wed 22 Mar 2006 - 11:28:04 GMT

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 11:26, Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I seem to have some problems with 2.1.0 development version for
> vserver - bind stalled as mysql did, in the mean time several times
> (never logs anything, just stops responding). I'm using this kernel:
> 2.6.14.7-vs2.1.0-grsec-2.1.9, because I got the patch from http://
> harry.ulyssis.org/vserver/. I think I might give an updated version a
> try (I'd prefer the stable version of vserver, but I didn't find one
> that was merged with grsecurity). I am a bad c-programmer, that's why
> I can't do it on my own (I've tried, but this led to some weird
> things in the kernel :))

since there is no grsec for 2.6.16 yet, i havent been able to update the
merges for that kernel. i haven't seen spender and pipacs for a while on irc,
so i don't know when they will release a new pax/grsec

as soon as they release a new grsec, i will talk to herbert on what vserver
patch i will merge it with...

we just need to be patient ;)

ps. updating grsec to 2.6.16 myself is not such a good idea, since i'm not
THAT familiar with grsec and pax code...

greetz,

--
harry
aka Rik Bobbaers