[Vserver] kde and ltsp on a guest

From: Chris Fanning <christopher.fanning_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat 04 Mar 2006 - 12:19:38 GMT

Hello,

I would like some advise please.

I am trying to setup an X terminal server (LTSP and KDE) on a virtual
machine to help me with maintainence and distribution.

I tried with Xen. I had kde and ltsp installed on a domU and exported
the homes from dom0.
It didn't work. Networking to domU is too slow and caused problems.

I would like to try again. I think UML is probable too slow for many
simultaneous kde users.

>From what I have read on the vserver website and the good video - just
like being there :) -, it seems that a vserver guest would have little
or no performance loss, right?

What about the network issue I had with domU in Xen. How fast are
vserver guest network interfaces?

Any other advise?

Thankyou very much.
Chris.
ps. sorry if I've sent this email to the list twice.