Re: [Vserver] build method

From: sukrit <sukrit_at_liqwidkrystal.com>
Date: Fri 10 Feb 2006 - 09:30:11 GMT

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 08:40 +0100, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 11:55:38AM +0530, sukrit wrote:
> > I'm using vserver-2.0.1 on CentOS. I got the patch in and created a
> > number of vservers using the "legacy" method, as I wanted the vservers
>
> vserver <name> build -m legacy ?

Well this is what vserver -build --help says:

legacy ... the "old" copy-all-from-host method, which requires the
                     old legacy vserver-legacy script; with this
method the cfg-options will be ignored

> well, I'd start with creating a new style config for
> that guest or at least fixing up the legacy config
>
> you can create a new config with the skeleton method
> and then copy over your guest data into the created
> skeleton ...

Got a doc on that? I used to just create my vservers by doing "#vserver
vsname build" in my 2.4 deployment of vservers. What would the simplest
thing equivalent to that be in the new version of vservers? All It want
to do is to for my vservers to be something similar to my base machine.

Sukrit.D.