[Vserver] Can't rename vserver's host name

From: Gerhard Hofmann <gerhard.hofmann_at_planat.de>
Date: Wed 01 Feb 2006 - 12:28:24 GMT

Hi list,

we have had a physical machine named iserv running with Suse Linux for
quite a while.

Now we have migrated the machine to a Debian vserver running in a Debian
host (complete new install from scratch). When creating the vserver, I
set vserver name=iserv but vserver *host* name=iservneu because it was
necessary to run old physical Suse machine and new virtual Debian
machine at the same time in the same network to migrate some user
mailboxes to the new machine.

Now, after the old Suse machine has been shut down forever I'd like to
rename vserver host name from "iservneu" to "iserv".

I found some older posts in this lists that claim there *should* be some
file iserv.conf but I don't have it.

Whitin the vserver, /etc/hostname file contains "iserv"

When running hostname command without parameters in the vserver after a
vserver reboot, "iservneu" is shown as hostname.

Running
   "hostname iserv"
does not help, after restart it still claims that host name is "iservneu".

Any ideas?

TIA
Gerhard