Re: [Vserver] patch vs rhel kernels

From: Guenther Fuchs <vserver_at_muh.at>
Date: Wed 18 Jan 2006 - 14:52:54 GMT

Hi there,

on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 at 3:11:27 PM there was posted:

DZ> Is there a vserver patch available against RHEL kernels ?

I guess there isn't, as same with Fedora they are massive patched
kernels.

From http://linux-vserver.org/FedoraCore3_HowTo :

"3. New vserver enabled kernel

    The Fedora default Kernel release is highly patched already and
    thus might not be compatible with the patches supplied by
    linux-vserver.org. For this reason, we are going to use a
    vanilla-kernel (read: an unmodified original linux kernel) from
    kernel.org."

There are FC4 patched kernels from Daniel Hozac which can be found
here: http://rpm.hozac.com/fedora/dhozac/4/vserver/

Maybe those packages can give you an idea, maybe the FC4 HowTo can do
as well: http://linux-vserver.org/VServer+installation+Fedora+Core+4

--
regards 'n greez,
Guenther Fuchs