Re: [Vserver] Logo design

From: Grzegorz Nosek <grzegorz.nosek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed 18 Jan 2006 - 14:42:21 GMT

06-01-18, Roman Barczyński <romke@estrefa.pl> napisał(a):
> Dnia 2006-01-17 21:08, Joep Gommers napisał:
> > http://www.virtualinfrastructure.nl/downloads/design.pdf
>
> Hello, nice work, take look at this mod:
> http://romke.net/tmp/vserver.png
>
> IMNSHO something like this would be ideal for logo:
> - it has small amount of different colors,
> - it's very scalable ( see http://romke.net/tmp/vserver-small.png )...
>
> feel free to modify anything, it's just a quick suggestion draft based
> on your design

Hello

I like your design but I think the 'S' shouldn't be bold. As it is
now, in low pixel sizes (e.g. a 50px x 15px button - they seem to be
popular recently) it might look like antialiasing was broken and it
looks somewhat inconsistent. Also, the checkmark should (in my more
HO) look more 'integrated' into the caption as now it looks like
'Linux Server' with a checkmark in the middle. Maybe try with a darker
colour (and a lighter shadow-like underlay? I might as well fire up
the gimp if I have the time).

[OT pozdrowienia od konkurencji :) ]

Best Regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek