[Vserver] vservers don't start after update to 2.01

From: Jens Holze <yodahome_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed 11 Jan 2006 - 15:03:58 GMT

Hi!

I updated VServer from 2.00 to 2.01 by patching a new 2.6.14.4-kernel
and installing the utils (209) from self-build rpms on Fedora Core 4.
Everything worked prior to that but since then I can't manage to start
any debian-based Vservers. I thought something with the kernel went
wrong so I build it anew but that didn't solve anything.
When trying to start a vserver I get:

// RTNETLINK answers: File exists
// save_ctxinfo: execv(): No such file or directory
//
// An error occured while executing the vserver startup sequence; when
// there are no other messages, it is very likely that the init-script
// (/etc/init.d/rc 3) failed.
//
// Common causes are:
// * /etc/rc.d/rc on Fedora Core 1 and RH9 fails always; the 'apt-rpm' build
// method knows how to deal with this, but on existing installations,
// appending 'true' to this file will help.
//
// Failed to start vserver 'debian_two'

The common causes don't really help and I can't think of anything
else. I even build an all new debian vserver but even this one doesn't
boot. Other (Fedora-based) vservers do work perfectly. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Jens

--
"Wars not make one great" - Master Yoda