Re: [Vserver] Hidden mount - how?

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 28 Dec 2005 - 16:03:19 GMT

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 04:44:46PM +0100, Guenther Fuchs wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 at 16:38 there was posted:
>
> HP> 'define' hide ...
>
> As you defined: "Not visible" to the mount command.
>
> HP> if you want to have mount not show it, just remove the entry from
> HP> the mtab (or mount it with -n)
>
> How can this be done by specifying it in the config "fstab"? Sorry for
> stupid questioning, never fiddled on that ...

I think you can not do that with fstab (because there
is no option mount would understand), but as I said,
you can either do the mount with the -n command or
'just' modify the mtab file ...

latter can be done with sed, awk, echo, vi ...
by hand, on startup, in the init scripts ...

> HP> if you want to hide that fact from /proc/mounts then it's getting
> HP> trickier ...
>
> That's not necessary for me as /proc/mounts hide original path's from
> the host server ;-)

yes, that's the default (hide_mount)
but it will show mounts inside the guest server ...