Re: [Vserver] Back at copying / migrating vserver.

From: Lars Hallberg <lah_at_micropp.se>
Date: Fri 16 Dec 2005 - 22:30:52 GMT

Herbert Poetzl wrote:

>the CoW link breaking will make a copy and replace the original

Great! I did belive that was depending on the writing process running in
another context then the host. This make CoW link breaking useful for
other stuff then VServer, ie: any identical set of files for any use can
safely be hardlinked on an entire filesystem?

>definitely, I agree that backups including _all_ properties
>would be something to aim for ...

I'm not truly aming for copying the xid taging her, rather seting it. If
the target alredy exist, i use the targets xid, if the target don't
exist I use the source xid as default, but add a toggle to overide it.

Hmm... _all_ propeties... Any in particular that might jump up and bite
users?

BTW. Unificaten can be exercised on a runing VServer, right? So when
migrating, unification can be performed after the target have started?

Probably, unifikation of the target after copy will be a default off option.

BTW2 Would a copy/migrate tool like this be off any intrest for the
community?

Thanks /LaH