Re: [Vserver] Wiki : HowTo graph vserver usage with cacti

From: Helmut Wollmersdorfer <helmut.wollmersdorfer_at_gmx.at>
Date: Fri 16 Dec 2005 - 23:12:21 GMT

Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> in general, if there is real interest, and folks (at
> least 3 parties) are volunteering to test and add the
> required userspace tools/interfaces,

I use munin http://munin.projects.linpro.no/ - one of the competitors of
cacti. The userspace part of munin would be very similar to cacti.
Somewhere on my large TODO list there is an entry 'write munin plugins
for vserver' since a few months.

> please contact me
> with a wish list (i.e. what kind of information you
> would like to monitor) and we can probably get an
> implementation done ... (of course, funding such
> features migh be an alternative too :)

I have no special wishes (at the moment;-)

Just parsing /proc and other existing sources would be enough for a
first approach.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer